This goes beautifully with steak, and veg… Just about everything.
- Olive oil
- Mushrooms, 1 pack, sliced
- Thyme, 10ml
- Nutmeg, 5ml
- Gorgonzola, 70g
- Cream, 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Flakes, a pinch
- Garlic, 2 cloves, crushed
- Heat butter and oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and mushrooms. Add nutmeg, chili flakes and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have browned.
- Add cream to the pan and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in the Gorgonzola, and simmer, stirring almost constantly, until cheese has melted and sauce has reduced/thickened to your desireed consistency.
- Serve on steak or veg… or both.